Thursday, July 23, 2020

Ultravox! 3 Years Of ...

Ultravox! - the one with the "!" in the name, not the one without any ! - were one of the bands Werner 'Goldi' Balzert contracted to play for "Unikult" in Saarbrücken and where I had the pleasure to jump in my roadie-suit, were so kind to ask me to sell their promo-stuff (see below), t-shirts and records for some bucks - making an investment the next day in the first record of another of my fav bands: Japan and Bob Marley's "Babylon by Bus" ;)















1977-10-14 Radiohuset Stockholm (Back from the dead)


 01 I want to be a machine
 02 Rockwrok
 03 mp3
 04 The Frozen Ones
 05 Distant Smile
 06 Young Savage
 07 My Sex
 08 The man who dies every day
 09 Artificial Life
 10 Wide Boys
 11 Saturday Night
 12 Wild, Beautiful And The Damned
 13 Rockwrok
 14 Fear In The Western World



1978 Live At Marquee

 01 The Man Who Dies Everyday
02 Slipaway
03 Some Of Them
04 Slow Motion
05 Hiroshima Mon Amour
06 Artificial Life
07 Just For A Moment
08 The Quiet Men
09 I Can't Stay Long
10 he's a liquid
11 walk away
12 young savage
13 someone else's clothes
14 blue light
15 ROckwrok



1979-03-04 Buffalo - 2nd show Remaster

01 the man who dies every day
02 slip away
03 slow motion
04 Hiroshima mon amour
05 touch and go
06 artificial life
07 just for a moment
08 he's a liquid
09 quiet man
10 radio beach
11 I can't stay long spliced
12 someone else's clothes
13 blue light
14 rockwrok
15 my sex
all found at the net,
see text for more info

And then they became this Midged Band and I had better things to listen to.


Ah, the whole truth on Japan: I had my little sister with me, when I entered the record store, she was 15 then and I asked her to pick a record. Her choice was that first Japan record where they had a bit of a "New York Dolls" outfit. I didn't knew the band but I purchased the LP blindly - and they became one of my very favs in the years to come and I never felt regret to let her chose an album. 

So things are: everything is always in perfect harmony and makes sense, even we don't understand that in that very moment. ;)

artwork by snoid studios

1 comment:

  1. So I guess we soon will have some Japan boots to discover here.

    All the best,

    Derek from Paris

    ReplyDelete

Happy Birthday, Iguan!

  1977-1979 In The Service Of The Bourgeoisie 01 1977-03-14 Seneca College, Toronto, Canada 02 1977 Unknown American Tour Footage 03 Lust Fo...

Popular