Thursday, July 23, 2020

Iggy Pop - 2019-10-14 6 Music Session @ Mala Vida


Mary Anne is live at Maida Vale for a special show with the legendary Iggy Pop. The Godfather of Punk joins us for an extended live session from the BBC's iconic London studios. Iggy will be performing a number of tracks from his latest album 'Free' as well as some stone cold classics from his - frankly ridiculously impressive - back catalogue. We'll also be sitting down with Iggy to find out what inspired the album, the music he was listening to at the time and what he has planned next.

Iggy released 'Free' at the start of September and says of the album: “This is a record in which other artists speak for me, but I lend my voice... By the end of the tours following Post Pop Depression, I felt sure that I had rid myself of the problem of chronic insecurity that had dogged my life and career for too long. But I also felt drained. And I felt like I wanted to put on shades, turn my back, and walk away."

If you want to get yourself ready for this momentous occasion, then we urge you to listen to Iggy's show on this very station, which goes down every Friday from

01 Loves Missing
02 Sonali
03 James Bond
04 Dirty Sanchez
05 Glow In The Dark
06 Endless Sea
07 People, Places, Parties
08 Outro
09 Sister Midnight (Marc Riley Bonus)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday, Iguan!

  1977-1979 In The Service Of The Bourgeoisie 01 1977-03-14 Seneca College, Toronto, Canada 02 1977 Unknown American Tour Footage 03 Lust Fo...

Popular