Thursday, July 23, 2020

1991-10-15 19 Seville Guitar Legends Day 1 Blues (FLAC+MP3)


Recently I found a version of this at TUBE and realized it being a shorter version than mine I recoded way back then in the 90ies when DLF (Deutschlandfunk) broadcasted it - 90 min on a weekly base. 

The TUBE version comes from the Beep, where they obviously broadcasted it 5 times only 60 min, so ... there's some missing on their version what mine offers.

Hating cuts you have to deal with recording then with tapes (CD recording wasn't an option) I prefered my stereo VHS-recorder, LP mode audio only, so a 240 min tape had place for some 480 min, no cuts, very fine quality (then in relation to tape recordings...), source was my satelite, audio subchannels for german broadcasting stations. So excuse the clicking at the start, that's just the VHS recoder not really fine-tuned to the VHS-tape-material. I promise: after one track the clickings will go away. But from time to times there's maybe some little clickings ... VHS material isn't made for eternity.

That recordings were about the first I digitalized with my PC, burned them (CD recording went a common tool then) and kept them as .WAV. My first .MP3 version (recently posted at Voodoo Waggon) was of lower quality and didn't really catched the attention this wonderful event deserves (imho - to me it was more of a holy grail in my record collection like my version of Live Aid in 1985 that I've managed recording even being on a very fine acid some american deadheads sent to us those very very very nice days ... before some idiot invented f###book )

So I copied the one-track versions to my PC and recut and recoded them. I let the .FLAC version untouched as it was but I re-gained the .MP3. So you have the chance, if you're crazy like me sometimes with stuff like this, to optimize the sound - if the record's being normalized that'll work not well, so that's why I left the .FLAC untouched. 

Good Work & give a sign, if you've done that work ;)

I'll post now on a daily base the entire 5 days of "Guitar Legends" and start with


Day 1: Blues

 01 Edmunds, Dave - A La Turka
02 Edmunds, Dave - I Knew The Pride
03 Edmunds, Dave - Standing At The Crossroads Aga
04 Robert Cray - In A Strong Mood
05 Cray, Robert - No Love In My Heart For You
06 Cray, Robert - Don't You Even Care
07 Collins, Albert - Once Again
08 Collins, Albert - I'm Your Ice Man
09 Collins, Albert - Travelin South
10 Jam - Sitting On The Dog Of The Bay
11 Cropper, Steve - Green Onions
12 Diddley, Bo - Hey Bo Diddley
13 Diddley, Bo - I'm A Man
14 BB King - C'est La Vie (moving On)
15 BB King - Back In La
16 BB King - The Thrill Is Gone


pw is fbsvw

2 comments:

  1. Hi, any way of directing me to password. Im a bit slow with computers eager to hear the Dave Edmonds tracks.

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was originally postet on floppy boot stomp, so the pw is fbsvw

    ReplyDelete

Happy Birthday, Iguan!

  1977-1979 In The Service Of The Bourgeoisie 01 1977-03-14 Seneca College, Toronto, Canada 02 1977 Unknown American Tour Footage 03 Lust Fo...

Popular