Sunday, August 30, 2020

Snoid Studios on sundays: Dread At The Controls

 

The JAH Beany Tapes



pw: mghg

Long story short: almost 20 years ago i realized a dreadlocked friend of my eldest daughter didn't really knew about Reggae-Culture - so I've burned a series of CDs for him with kind of "my understanding" of what Reggae means to me, musically.. So this doesn't yells out loud "This is Reggae", it's more of what I've learned to love since I've heard my first reggae album (it was "War ina Babylon" by Max Romeo, played by an old hippie in the south of France late 70ies). Turned out that a guy  (aka "Snoid Studios") also loved reggae and could provide a wide collection of ie. singles and rare LPs. 

The rest is history, we became friends for now over 40 years amd Reggae always took his place all over these years for us. Soon it turned out Reggae being a major influence in what was heard in the early 80ies in the so called Hinterwald scene, everyoine had LPs in his collection. I was in heaven as the guy who visits you and takes your LPs with him to make a tape of them ;)

My tape collection mid 80ies

My tape collection mid 80ies

So I felt being a bit "sophisticated"enough tp give Bennie (aka JAH Beany) an impression. Of what I love. Early live Bob Marley, Lee Perry, Sly & Robbie, Sata & Roots.He liked it and maybe you'll enjoy it as well ...

The "A Dread At The Controls"-Mikey Dread Saturday Night Show at Radio JBC is also part of the "JAH Beany Tapes"  which sounded for a long hot summer out of every car ...







2 comments:

Happy Birthday, Iguan!

  1977-1979 In The Service Of The Bourgeoisie 01 1977-03-14 Seneca College, Toronto, Canada 02 1977 Unknown American Tour Footage 03 Lust Fo...

Popular