Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Snoid Studios Reggae Singles Archives (1st choice)



When I first met with "Snoid Studios" in the midth 70ies our friendship was founded on a common passion for Max Romeo & The Upsetter "War ina Babylon". He was then deeply into Reggae, had a big collection of LPs and singles he had purchased in Zürich, where a good Reggae Store was placed. 

At that time I was engaged in taping everything that could be found in my friends' record collections and so this funny wall of tapes arised from that - including a Reggae part I'm just busy ripping by now. I'm on R 19 (of 36)


My method then was to give something I called "signum" like David Bowie = DB and only recording stuff from one artist under that "signum". Well today, we all call this an "index" but  then I was dreaming of a machine, where I could correct my faults on the writing machine I used not with Tipp-Ex but only by pushing a button ... That came some years later in my life but the bureaucrat in me had develloped a paper sheet to document every tape I recorded


When my first MSX homecomputer allowed me to store the stuff in a CP/M (later known as DOS) compatible form I copied all the sheets to files and my first "serious" software allowed me, what I dreamed of : "Hits" from 1992, written in Clipper, based on a "relational" database, and I can use it even today on a WinXP machine ... Yup, I Was A Nerd Before You Were A nerd ;)



Snoid Studios was one of my main sources. He had "style" in everything, made me read the books of Robert Anton Wilson, good american underground comics and ... listen to good music, from the Dead to Zappa, from "Krautrock" to Reggae. I'm still grateful for everything he teached me then and I look forward to my birthday and his yearly visit in the "garage" (next month btw. my 7th birthday was ruined by someone killing JFK)

And here we are: Some years ago another friend of mine from the old days, bernd, having always the best music machines like nakamishi tapes and self constructed boxes, started ripping proessionaly some of Snoid Studios Reggae singles. And here they are

Snoid Studios - Reggae Singles Archive

Vol 1

Abidjans - Guiding Light (discomix)
Al Campbell - Jah shine on Me
Al Moodie - Bull Bay Jumping
Albert Malawi - Looking For Signs - Signs Dub
Albert Malawi - Looking For Signs
Augustus Pablo - Pablo In Moonlight City
Barrington Levy - Praise His Name 12
Barry Brown - Mr CID
Barry Brown - Natty Dread Nar Run
Bim Sherman - Down In Jamdown- Teem Allstars - Trenchtown Dub
Bim Sherman - Down In Jamdown
Black Uhuru - Natural Mystic (Discomix)
Bunny Wailer - Rise and Shine
Bunny Wailer - Solomonic Dub
Carol Kalphat - African Land
Creation Rebel - Beware
Creation Rebel - Natty Conscience Free
Dambala - Visions of Wars
Dambala - Zimbabwe
Delroy Pinnock - Babylon Walls
Delroy Pinnock, Dickey Dread, Mikey Ranks - I Want To Be
Dennis Brown & Aswad - Cut Number 144,000
Dennis Brown & Aswad - More Dub
Dennis Brown & Aswad - Promised Land
Doctor Alimantado - Best Dressed Chicken - She Wreng-Ep
Doctor Alimantado - Best Dressed Chicken
Doctor Pablo & the Cry Tuff Allstars - African Melody

Vol 2

Earl Sixteen - Make Up Your Mind
Earl Sixteen & Heptones - The World Has Begun
Earl Zero - Please Officer
Errol Holt - Yes Yes Yes
Fabian - Prophecy
Freddie McKay - Exedos Version
Freddie McKay - Exedos
Freddie McKay & Trinity - Come Together - GG's All Stars - Sha-Le Mar Dub
Freddie McKay & Trinity - Come Together
Freddy Clarke - Fight I Down
Heptones - Deceivers
Heptones - Mount Zion
Honey Vaughan - This Tribulation Version
Honey Vaughan - This Tribulation
Hopeton Jurner - Living in the Ghetto
Horace Andy - Money Money
Hugh Mundell - Stop Them Jah
Jah Fatta & the Black Brothers - Free Rasta Free - Free Dub (Black Brother All Stars)
Jah Fatta & the Black Brothers - Free Rasta Free
Jah Shaka & Ras Imru - Marshall
Jah Shaka Ridim Section - Warrior Style
Johnny Clarke - Every Knee Shall Bow - King Tubby's -King Mix
Johnny Clarke - Time Will Tell (Extended)
Johnny Clarke & U Roy - Every Knee Shall Bow
Keith Poppin - Hold Not Thy Peace
Knowledge - Every One Have Their Works (discomix)
Leroy Smart - Be Conscious
Leroy Smart - Jah Light
Leroy Smart - Jahoviah (discomix)


Vol 3

Linval Thompson - Natty Roots
Linval Thompson & Trevor Ranking - Mr Boss Man - Stop Pushing Me Around (Barnabous)
Linval Thompson & Trevor Ranking - Mr Boss Man
Marvin Brooks - Cheer Up Black Man Version
Marvin Brooks - Cheer Up Black Man
Michael Prophet - 80s Struggle
Michael Prophet - Struggle
Mr Stone - Jah Jah Higher Than I
Mr Stone - Unbelievers
Naggo Morris - Jah Guide
Naggo Morris - Jah Will Explain - Dr Pablo - Wicked Feel It
Naggo Morris - Jah Will Explain
Naggo Morris & Observer - Give Her My Love
Paul Blackman & Augustus Pablo - Earth Wind and Fire - Augustus Pablo - Ras Menelik Congo (Harp)
Paul Blackman & Augustus Pablo - Earth Wind and Fire
Prince Alla - Jah Give I Love
Prince Alla - Jerusalem
Prince Far I - Peace in the East version
Prince Far I - Peace in the East
Reggae George - Three Wicked Men version
Reggae George - Three Wicked Men
Rod Taylor - Be Sensible Version
Rod Taylor - Be Sensible
Rod Taylor - No One Can Tell I About Jah
Scientist & the Roots Radics Band - King Tubby's Rockers
Sharon Little - Don't Mash Up Creation Version
Sharon Little - Don't Mash Up Creation
Silvertones - African Dub (discomix)
Tony Tuff - Love Can Conquer Version
Tony Tuff - Love Can Conquer
Vin Gordon - Fire Horns
Yammie Bolo - Free Mandela Skengdon All Stars Version
Yammie Bolo - Free Mandela

Vinyl > professional recording equipment > MP3


pw: mghg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday, Iguan!

  1977-1979 In The Service Of The Bourgeoisie 01 1977-03-14 Seneca College, Toronto, Canada 02 1977 Unknown American Tour Footage 03 Lust Fo...

Popular